Folks have been asking me for book group questions, so I thought I’d toss out a few. If you have good ones that I’m missing, please comment below.
Also, a reminder that I’m happy to Skype into book groups of 6 or more who are reading My Formerly Hot Life and lead the discussion.
1. Have you had a “Formerly” moment? What was the moment you realized that you were no longer exactly young?
2. What are some of the things that you were but are no longer? How many are true losses, and which are you glad to have left behind?
3. What are some of the things you’ve gained over time that you wouldn’t trade?
4. Do you feel a pressure to “embrace your age” now that you’re on the other side of young? Is that a good thing? Or does that place just as much pressure on women as the whole “look/act younger” push?
5. What do you think of the whole “cougar” and MILF trend? Wonderful expression of female sexuality at any age or barfworthy marginalizing of “older” women to fuel some male Hollywood fantasy? Or something in between?
6. The term “Formerly” didn’t sit well with some people, who felt they weren’t “formerly” hot and that was an insult. Do you feel as hot as you used to? Hotter? Equally but differently hot? Has your definition of hot changed over time?
7. Would you swap places with your 20something self? Why or why not?